· Nancy is a securities lawyer with over 20 years' experience providing securities and regulatory legal advice to portfolio managers, investment fund managers, and dealers (including EMDs and CIRO dealers). Nancy was a nominee of Canadian Lawyer's Top 25 Most Influential Lawyers in Business Law in 2022, and is a member of the Ontario Securities Commission's Securities Advisory Committee.
· Nancy has extensive in-house experience in the investment management industry, supporting the advisory, distribution, and asset management sides of the business. Nancy led the legal department of Bank of Montreal's investment dealer and portfolio investment counsel businesses, and was in-house counsel at Mackenzie Investments and Empire Life Investments, both Canadian mutual fund manufacturers.
· Nancy is currently a member of the Ontario Securities Commission's (OSC) Securities Advisory Committee, where she provides advice to the OSC on legislative and policy initiatives, and capital markets trends. Previously, Nancy worked as legal counsel at the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC).
· Nancy is program faculty at the Osgoode Hall Law School Intensive Course in Canadian Securities Law and Practice
· Nancy was Adjunct Assistant Professor at Queen's University Law School, teaching securities law to 2nd and 3rd year law students.
New York, Massachusetts, 2009
JD, Osgoode Hall Law School, 2003
BA in Political Science, York University, 2000
CEO, Founder & Securities Lawyer